Chicago Debt Collection Defense Attorneys

Get the best solution to your debt today!
312-267-1160

DEBT COLLECTION DEFENSE LAWYERS CHICAGO WHO WILL HELP YOU AND STAND UP ON YOUR BEHALF

If you work hard, and if like most of us, you struggle with finances, the last thing you need is to be sued by a . The debt collection defense attorney consequences could be serious and lasting. If a debt collector sues you, a debt collection defense attorney at the Zero Debt Law can help.

We’re able to get the vast majority of our collection lawsuit cases either dismissed, where our clients pay nothing, or settled for a fraction of the amount. How your case is resolved depends on a variety of factors such as the debt collector/original creditor suing you, their law firm, and their documentation among other things.

HERE ARE SOME OF OUR RECENT CASE RESULTS

check

Client Paid

$0

- Case Dismissed -
Cavalry v. Our Client
check

Client Paid

$0

- Case Dismissed -
Portfolio Recovery Associates v. Our Client
check

Client Paid

$0

- Case Dismissed -
Midland Funding LLC v. Our Client
check

Client Paid

$0

- Case Dismissed -
National Collegiate Student Loan Trust (NCSLT) v. Our Client
check

Client Paid

$0

- Case Dismissed -
Capital One v. Our Client
check

Client Paid

$0

- Case Dismissed -
Bank of America v. Our Client
check

Client Paid

$0

- Case Dismissed -
National Collegiate Student Loan Trust (NCSLT) v. Our Client

TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR DEBT

CHICAGO DEBT ATTORNEY

We work with all kinds of people in the Chicago area to help them win against debt collection lawsuits. In some of these cases, we’re even able to turn the tables and sue a debt collector or their law firm for violating our client’s rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).

IF YOU ARE SUED FOR A DEBT IN CHICAGO

The total credit card debt in Illinois in 2019 was around $42 billion, and the total student loan debt surpassed $56 billion. The average Illinois borrower now owes more than $35,000. With figures like that, it’s no surprise that debt collection lawsuits are common in the Chicago area.
If you’re targeted by a debt collection lawsuit, we can defend you in the lawsuit and fight for an outcome that you can live with – typically having the case dismissed or reaching a settlement for an amount and payment plan you can afford – outcomes that won’t destroy your finances and your future.

The most important thing to know about a debt collection lawsuit is that you can’t ignore it. If you do, and you take no action at all, the court may award the debt collector what is called a default judgment, which means that the debt collector automatically wins the lawsuit.
With a default judgment the debt collector can garnish your wages, freeze your bank accounts, or place a lien on your home or other property.

Additionally, here in Illinois, the debt collector can also charge you 9% annual interest on the judgment – and that could follow you for as long as twenty-seven years – which means that a $3,000 judgment could cost you more than $10,000 over fourteen years.

You do not want to be on the losing end of a default judgment.

Trials in debt collection lawsuits are rare. About 90% of debt collection lawsuits conclude with a default judgment when the defendant doesn’t appear in court. Roughly 8% end when a defendant enters into a payment plan for about the full amount. These defendants think they dodged a bullet – the lawsuit – but many can’t afford the collectors’ terms and find themselves back in court. This is usually when someone does appear in court, but without a lawyer. Only 2% of people are represented by a lawyer.

But those 2% that have an experienced law firm do far better than the other 98%. In those cases, the lawsuits are typically dismissed or settled for a fraction of the original amount.

Our legal team not only defends collection cases, we sue debt collectors. When we review your case, and any other consumer collection issues you have, we check to see if the debt collector or its collection attorneys violated the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, or any of the other laws that protect you as a consumer.

If we can prove that a debt collector broke the law and your rights were violated, we can sue on your behalf, and, if we win, you can receive damages and have the collector pay the attorneys’ fees and costs. We’ve handled – and we’ve won – hundreds of lawsuits against debt collectors.

CONTACT US FOR A FREE STRATEGY SESSION TODAY

If you’re named as the defendant in a debt collection lawsuit, you have the right to good legal advice and effective representation from a debt defense attorney at the Zero Debt Law.

Find out more. Call us at (312) 267-1160 or use the contact form here on our website to schedule a free Strategy Session.

Take Charge of your Debt

chicago debt defense lawyers

Call us today!

man-with-calc